Continuing Professional Development
IACIPP is committed to raising standards within the security profession and encourages everyone working in security to actively and continually develop their knowledge, competence and expertise.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is an essential way to remain current with the latest issues and developments in the infrastructure security and crisis management arena, giving those who participate in the scheme a competitive edge over their peers. It is the process of continuing learning throughout professional careers by acquiring job-related competence and expertise. The IACIPP CPD scheme is a structured method of encouraging participants to achieve a minimum level of development over a set period of time. These skills can be gained from many different sources.
The IACIPP CPD Scheme is self administered. In the terms & conditions of membership, CPD means a demonstrated commitment to obtaining on-going professional development and knowledge and remaining certified in conformity with:
- the IACIPP CPD Scheme, the details and requirements of which are published on the Associations website and which may be varied from time to time; or
- an IACIPP accredited CPD scheme in an association, which is a corporate supporter of IACIPP; or
any IACIPP endorsed CPD scheme such as in international jurisdictions or through partnerships with other professional or accredited bodies, as determined by the IACIPP.
Examples of activities which may meet the requirements of IACIPP CPD Scheme include, but are not limited to:
- studying or examination programme (excluding benchmark qualifications) of other bodies relevant to the infrastructure security, risk and emergency management industry;
- attendance at lectures, seminars and other IACIPP events;
- attendance at conferences, exhibitions and seminars relevant to work within the infrastructure security, risk and emergency management industry;
- the taking of short courses relevant to the work within the infrastructure security, risk and emergency management industry;
- the imparting of knowledge in relation to the infrastructure security, risk and emergency management industry by coaching or mentoring;
- preparation of papers for conferences and seminars relating to the infrastructure security, risk and emergency management industry;
- writing of articles and reviews accepted for publication in relation to the infrastructure security, risk and emergency management industry;
- undertaking of committee work with trade associations for the infrastructure security, risk and emergency management industry or committees of security services organisations;
- such other learning, training or other professional development as the Board of Advisors from time to time designates as or treats as Continuing Professional Development.
All CPD Activity must directly relate to the development of i nfrastructure security, risk and/or emergency management proficiency. It should expand and update knowledge in infrastructure security and/or infrastructure security management, but should not include activity considered to be part of your everyday job.
Each member is responsible to ensure that:
- the hours and type of CPD activity recorded are appropriate to the class of membership and membership designation used by the member.
- they maintain an appropriate record of their CPD activities and such record complies with the requirements of the Association's scheme and with the requirements of their Board of Advisors.
- they comply with the IACIPP audit requirements if selected for audit.
For full details of the IACIPP CPD Scheme, please contact us at training[at]cip-association.org